The GEXSCOPE® single cell RNA profiling kit allows parallel profiling of gene expression for up to 30,000 cells for a single sample, at single cell resolution. The kit utilized UMI barcoded poly-T bead to capture all cellular or nucleus 3’mRNA in single cells. The GEXSCOPE® kit has been tested and validated on 200+ different tissue types (mostly human and mouse) and generated consistent and high-quality transcriptional data and accurate cell type information.
· Unique Tissue Preservation Buffer to keep cells alive for 72hrs, enabling clinical sample transportation and multi-center project coordination
· Highly effective 1-for-all Tissue Dissociation Mastermix, work with difficult tissue types and avoid tedious optimization
· Innovative microfluidic chip design, reducing doublet and increase rare cell type capture
· Can work with fresh tissue/fresh cell, or frozen tissue/cell (nucleus protocol)
GEXSCOPE® technology principles
GEXSCOPE® utilizes a state-of-the-art and patented microfluidic microwell system, enabling single cell isolation, cell barcoding, nucleic acid capturing and sequencing library construction at the highest degree of automation.
GEXSCOPE® Workflow: the complete workflow from tissue collection to data analysis.
Unique Feature: High Density Chip
GEXSCOPE® high-density microfluidic chip can effectively capture more than 30,000 cells on a single chip, breaking the limit of 10,000 cells at a time on the standard high-throughput single-cell platform. It is especially suitable for atlas study and rare cell subtype discovery.
Figure A: Mouse embryonic cells clustering with GEXSCOPE® high-density chip. A total of 42,628 cells were analyzed on the same chip with GEXSCOPE® single cell RNA profiling kit. The total number of genes detected was 31917, the median number of gene detected per cell was 1677. Clustering analysis showed detection of rare cell types (about 0.15% in total cell population, the endoderm cells).
Figure B: A total of 26 important cell types were annotated, including endothelial cells, kidney epithelial cells, T and B immune cells, granulocyte macrophage progenitor, red blood cells, bile duct cells, megakaryocyte, liver cells, neutrophils, microglia.
Unique Feature: The most effective sample preparation workflow
1. GEXSCOPE® Tissue Preservation Buffer
· Keep cells alive for 72 hours
· Mimicking physiological condition, no additives, no fixation
· Especially suited for sample collection under clinical setting
· Enable long-distance and multi-center single cell study coordination
Figure 1. GEXSCOPE® Tissue Preservation Buffer maintains cell viability and gene expression pattern in tissue for 72hrs. A brain tissue sample was evenly divided to three parts and one part was directly dissociated to single cell suspension with GEXSCOPE® Tissue Dissociation Master Mix, further processed with GEXSCOPE® Single Cell RNAseq kits, and sequenced. The other two parts of the tissue were stored in the GEXSCOPE® Tissue Preservation Buffer for 24 hours or 72 hours, then processed with the same procedure as the fresh tissue and sequenced. Left panel shows percentage of living cells in fresh tissue, or the same tissue stored in the GEXSCOPE® Tissue Preservation Buffer for 24 hours or 72 hours at 4℃. More than 90% cells from the tissue stored in the Preservation Solution were still alive after 72 hours storage. Right panel are t-SNE plots of single cell sequencing results from fresh tissue or the same tissue stored for 24 hours or 72 hours, showing same cell clusters identified in all three samples.
2. GEXSCOPE® Tissue Dissociation Master Mix
· Unique combination of different enzymes to disrupt intercellular bonds most efficiently
· Verified on 200+ human and murine sample types
· Enable difficult tissue dissociation, such as glioblastoma and osteocarcinoma
· Suited also for needle biopsy samples
Figure 2: Glioblastoma sample was divided to three parts and dissociated with either a homebrew protocol from literature, a commercial product or GEXSCOPE® Tissue Dissociation Master Mix. Cell suspension generated with GEXSCOPE® Tissue Dissociation Master Mix has the highest cellular viability and is free of debris and clumps.